As a champion in Computational BIM, you will possess the ability to research, develop, execute and implement computational workflows to our partners. You will develop internal processes that allow our partners to utilise their chosen design authoring tools but retain and move data and geometry to other systems. A strong focus on enhancing the abilities of Revit using Dynamo and Python is a lead focus. Your primary role will be to support the digital delivery of projects, collaborating with the design and construction teams as well as developing computational tools alongside the broader matterlab team.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the construction industry, standard practices and digitally enabled workflows using BIM and other associated technologies. The role will also involve developing strategies and implementing the integration of advanced software developed in-house to our partner systems.
- Researching and testing new tools and technologies, and subsequently integrating these into our clients workflows and processes.
- Identify opportunities for research to improve existing workflows and implement them in our partner systems.
- Leading the integration of computational methodology in to our client projects as well as enhancing internal processes.
- Developing and maintaining the reputation of overall organisation within the global CD.
- Documenting exemplar project workflows for future use across multiple projects.
- Providing at-desk support for our clients as well as internal staff.
- Attending client project stage meetings to advise on potentially useful CD workflows.
- Conducting project post-stage reviews to document lessons learnt, exemplar workflows and any other feedback from the teams.
- Assisting projects with CD-related work when necessary
- Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM authoring software.
- Expert knowledge of Dynamo and its integration with Revit. A focus on Python and/or C# would be very advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of Dynamo and Revit API programming
- Familiarity with design applications such as Navisworks, BIM 360 and Inventor and an innate ability to communicate the benefits of these tools within an integrated building information model.
- Must possess at least 3+ years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM Concepts