The position of BIM Lead plays an active role in the on-going efforts to implement Design Technology processes and toolsets across our customer base and to evolve and redefine the landscape of our digital design and delivery.
Our BIM Lead is expected to manage and coordinate our consulting arm and to work closely with our existing digital design and delivery leadership to guide the transition of our partners from traditional CAD/BIM practices into more integrated design modelling processes. All the while integrating value added process and future technologies such as automation, generative design and AI methodologies Your primary role will be to lead the digital delivery of our partner projects, collaborating with their design and construction teams across all phases and ensuring coordination, issues and actions are remedied by the matterlab team and incorporated while directly working with our Partner teams to report progress and develop future plans.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the construction industry, standard practices and digitally enabled workflows using BIM and other associated technologies. The role will also involve developing strategies and implementing the integration of advanced software developed in-house to our partner systems.
- Work with Partners to define Scope of Work and project milestones
- Create transformation strategies in tandem with matterlab team members
- Define and communicate project goals and milestones upwards and downwards
- Lead project meetings and manage scheduled work within internal team
- Work with matterlab leadership to grow digital transformation consulting services
- Define and monitor a quality control program for all digital activities
- Facilitate integration of matterlab software with partner systems and tools
- Monitor the overall project budget and report to matterlab leadership
- Must have an Architectural or Engineering Degree or counterbalanced industry experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a professional environment
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience using and supporting Autodesk products, including Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure, Civil 3D, AutoCAD and/or Navisworks
- Working knowledge of design industry workflows and production cycles
- Working knowledge of project management software
- Experience implementing large scale digital transformation within the AEC sector
- Adept at interacting with clients in a professional manner and leading a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
- Adept at implementing new technology and evaluating the impact of an existing workflow
- Experience with challenging existing workflows and proposing alternatives
- Experience with multiple BIM/CAD project management tasks/roles, including training and support mentor, project team member and strategic leader
- Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM authoring software.
- Solid understanding of legacy BIM / CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with design applications such as NavisWorks and BIM360
- Additional knowledge of Dynamo and Revit API programming is beneficial.